hEr VOLUTION, a nonprofit organisation working on access to innovative education and employment services to girls and young women in STEM, is seeking a Social Media Content Creator with an eye for the original and a fresh take on ideas. We are looking for a social media rock star that understands issues around women in STEM in Canada and social media landscape better than anyone else; someone who has a strong passion for getting more young women involved in STEM fields and researching on this topic is second nature.
Are you are a natural writer who enjoys researching topics pertaining to women in STEM? Do you embrace the idea of creating content who raises awareness of issues of women in STEM in Canada? Are you interested in making a difference for the next generation of women in STEM? And not only can you write headlines and develop stories but you also know how to create multimedia content? If you answered yes to any of these questions, we want to talk to you!
About hEr VOLUTION
Our mission: hEr VOLUTION encourages girls and young women to pursue STEM-based careers and promotes stakeholder’s involvement in the support of STEM education in Canada.
Our vision: To raise awareness and value placed on STEM education for girls and young women in Canada.
Based in Toronto, Canada, hEr VOLUTION is the go to place for girls and young women from low-income households and underprivileged communities throughout Canada to come to in order to provide them with innovative workshops and support around 21st Century Skills. From here we work hand in hand with local government to create opportunities for the next generation of women in STEM to further connect them with leaders in the industry for career support. We do this by listening to the needs of the community and the industry while giving all the resources back to the general public in a language that everyone understands.
The ideal candidate will have …
• A passion and a strong understanding of the STEM industry and our organisation’ mission.
• Excellent writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our organisation’ various types of content.
• Excellent organisational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
• 2-3 years of marketing and content creation experience. College/University Students encouraged to apply
• Innovate new and creative ways to use social platforms and digital content to tell stories and interact with the audience
• Multimedia skills including photography and video
• Writing various types of articles on a wide range of topics for our blog.
• Providing feedback to other contributors, and editing other writers’ content.
• Optimising content for search engines and lead generation.
• Contributing to long-form content projects such as e-books.
• Conducting analytical projects to improve blog strategies/tactics.
• Growing blog subscribers and expanding the overall blog’s reach.
The chosen candidate will be required to invest a minimum of 10 hours per month. A trial period of successful 3 months will be required for a letter of reference to be issued.
Please send your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate all applications, however, only the chosen applicants for an interview will be contacted.