hEr VOLUTION, a nonprofit organisation working on access to innovative education and employment services to girls and young women in STEM, is seeking a Social Media Content Creator with an eye for the original and a fresh take on ideas. We are looking for a social media rock star that understands issues around women in STEM in Canada and social media landscape better than anyone else; someone who has a strong passion for getting more young women involved in STEM fields and researching on this topic is second nature.
Do you tweet, share, and post to social media in your sleep? Do you know what it takes to grow an online community? We’re looking for a social media manager to manage, leverage, and grow our online social media accounts by implementing strategies and tactics that improve our organisation’ social media presence.
About hEr VOLUTION
Our mission: hEr VOLUTION encourages girls and young women to pursue STEM based careers and promotes stakeholder’s involvement in the support of STEM education in Canada.
Our vision: To raise awareness and value placed on STEM education for girls and young women in Canada.
Based in Toronto, Canada, hEr VOLUTION is the go to place for girls and young women from low-income households and underprivileged communities throughout Canada to come to in order to provide them with innovative workshops and support around 21st Century Skills. From here we work hand in hand with local government to create opportunities for the next generation of women in STEM to further connect them with leaders in the industry for career support. We do this by listening to the needs of the community and the industry while giving all the resources back to the general public in a language that everyone understands.
The ideal candidate will have …
• Experience managing non-personal social media accounts like Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
• The ability to communicate on social platforms in a consistent, on-brand voice.
• Experience using social media analytics tools and the ability to tweak social strategies based on findings.
• Experience in designing a content calendar for future social media planning
• 2-3 years of experience in social media account management. College/University Students encouraged to apply
• Managing all social media platforms for the organisation.
• Creating and evaluating social media strategies including a content calendar.
• Monitoring, responding to, and communicating with the online community.
• Developing new methods to engage consumers on social platforms.
• Growing the company’s social media reach.
The chosen candidate will be required to invest a minimum of 10 hours per month. A trial period of successful 3 months will be required for a letter of reference to be issued.
Please send your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com. We appreciate all applications, however, only the chosen applicants for an interview will be contacted.