hEr VOLUTION, a nonprofit organisation working on access to innovative education and employment services to girls and young women in STEM, is seeking an Events/Workshop Coordinator to plan and execute events/workshops. The events/workshops are designed with various goals in mind such as learning and fundraising. The event/workshop coordinator rock star we are looking for is able to complete a wide range of activities requiring clear communication, excellent organizational skills and attention to details while understanding issues around women in STEM in Canada and event/workshop planning landscape better than anyone else; someone who has passion for getting more young women involved in STEM fields and event planning is second nature.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the events coordinator will be responsible for all aspects of event/workshops planning and management. The coordinator will work with hEr VOLUTION to meet outreach targets and support campaigns with on-the-ground promotion. The events coordinator will directly contribute to increasing hEr VOLUTION’s capacity to raise public awareness of the organisation and its campaigns, and by building the organisation’s presence in local communities.
About hEr VOLUTION
Our mission: hEr VOLUTION encourages girls and young women to pursue STEM-based careers and promotes stakeholder’s involvement in the support of STEM education in Canada.
Our vision: To raise awareness and value placed on STEM education for girls and young women in Canada.
Based in Toronto, Canada, hEr VOLUTION is the go to place for girls and young women from low-income households and underprivileged communities throughout Canada to come to in order to provide them with innovative workshops and support around 21st Century Skills. From here we work hand in hand with local government to create opportunities for the next generation of women in STEM to further connect them with leaders in the industry for career support. We do this by listening to the needs of the community and the industry while giving all the resources back to the general public in a language that everyone understands.
Duties and Responsibilities
The events coordinator will:
* Establish a quarterly event plan to identify opportunities for event participation
* Create event proposals which support specific campaign goals or fundraising targets
* Coordinate online and offline promotion of events
* Assist with recruiting volunteers needed for specific events
* Act as primary point of contact with vendors for all event-related matters
* Assist with on-site management of events including set-up, tear-down and supervision of volunteers where applicable.
* Event planning/management or project management experience
* Ability to balance multiple priorities within tight deadlines
* Excellent organisational and time management skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Works well independently and as a team
* Understanding of STEM fields an asset
This position provides valuable experience for event planning and management students; individuals with an interest in gaining experience in the non-profit sector or in the STEM fields. The chosen candidate will be required to invest a minimum of 10-20 hours per month. A trial period of successful 3 months will be required for a letter of reference to be issued.
Please send your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com. We appreciate all applications, however, only the chosen applicants for an interview will be contacted.